Paris in the Springtime

I am still on a high from our weekend in Paris for the Paris Marathon, not just from completing the marathon but I was so inspired by being in Paris in the Springtime. Myself. Gavin and eight of our family and friends spent a long weekend staying in Bastille in the centre of Paris.

We were typical tourists, wanting to see as much as possible during our short getaway.On the Friday we visited the Salon du Running at Porte de Versailles so that I could hand in my medical certificate and collect my bib to run the marathon. We then went out for a burger in the evening in a TGI's style restaurant close to where we were staying.

On the Saturday I did not want to do a lot of walking as needed to rest my legs ready for the race so Gavin and I got on one of the Big Red Buses outside the Notre Dame and we literally sat on it for about 3 hours just relaxing and admiring the sites around Paris.  This was my outfit of the day.  I wore a really casual, comfortable ensemble consisting of my Mom Jeans, Converse and this warm, cozy long cardigan from Topshop which is just perfect to throw on over everything.




The Notre Dame

In my opinion the Notre Dame is one of the most beautiful buildings in Paris and it looked absolutely stunning during our city break.  We did not get a chance to queue up to go inside the monumental building but we did get to admire it from the banks of the Seine and we stopped for a spot of lunch in a little cafe called the Esmeralda.  It is a cute little cafe literally in one of the streets surrounding the Notre Dame.  We also sailed past the Notre Dame on the Monday as we took the Bateaux Bus boat trip along the River.







Views of Paris from the Seine

On the Monday we took a trip on the Bateaux Bus boat along the Seine. If you visit Paris this is must-do tourist activity to see views of Paris from the River. You get to experience Paris from a different perspective and see the Seine's stunning bridges featuring sumptuous sculptures.  You can pop on and off of the Bateaux Bus at many different landmarks along the Seine.  The full trip takes around 2 hours and is definitely worth doing.






Beautiful Architecture

I absolutely love the architecture in Paris.  It seems that every street you turn the buildings are breathtaking and I am always inspired by the design and detail.  The tall front doors, street cafes on the ground level and glorious windows with balconies overlooking views of the city of Paris are the signature of Parisienne architecture.



I fell in love with Paris during our trip this April  I found the City so relaxing and inspiring and we will certainly be returning next year.

Have you ever been to Paris in the Springtime?
Are you planning a trip to Paris?

Love Laura xx

Comments

Popular Posts