Paris Marathon 2015 Training

With 10 weeks to go until the Paris Marathon 2015, as well as sharing with you my Paris Marathon Training VLOG I thought that I would give an update with my training from the past week.  Paris will be my first marathon and I know that it is not going to be an easy challenge.

The most difficult part of training for me is finding time and so it is important that I organise myself so that I make the most of the time that I do have.  I work long hours leaving early in the morning and am not usually home until 8pm.  I then rush out to the gym before getting home to eat late, then to bed, sleep and repeat.  I found this week particularly difficult as I have been working in different locations with an even longer commute, so I have had to be really committed and resist the temptation to avoid the gym in favor of just getting home and laying in a nice hot bath.

My training this week:

Monday - Rest following 9 mile long run on Sunday
Tuesday - 5km Treadmill run with mixed intervals
Wednesday - 1 mile treadmill warm up, strength training, 1 mile cool down
Thursday - Rest
Friday - 60 minutes steady Treadmill run 10.7km/hr (9 min/mile) average pace
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - Long Slow Run 13 miles (see Strava details below)
Total Weekly Mileage - 24 miles







I feel great after this weeks training and confident going forward.  I have started to add strength training into my program to build muscle power in my legs which is something that I have been lacking.  It adds variety to training and I am hoping that it will minimise my risk of injury.

I have also been trying to consume more calories during the day as I tend to have a big breakfast, then not much during the day and then a huge dinner at around 9pm after the gym.  I definitely need to drink more water as I am seriously lacking at this currently!

Thank you for reading and please get in touch just to say 'Hi' or if you have any questions I would love to hear from you.  Good luck to those of you also training for a marathon or event this year!  It would be great to hear from you.

To keep updated with my Paris Marathon 2015  Training VLOGs then don't forget to subscribe to My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Laurashopaholic
You can also follow me on Strava https://www.strava.com/athletes/mountford_laura

Have a great week

Laura x

Comments

Popular Posts